Sunday 11 August 2013

Weekending










A special day out for me on Saturday. An excursion to Waimauku to a new Quilt Fabric Shop -  All Things Patchwork.  A beautiful store with fabulous quilts on display, an exceptionally large selection of Kaffe Fasset, Anna Maria Horner, Joel Dewberry, Tula Pink and all sorts of other coloured  quilty goodness.  I was especially taken with the recovered furniture, and feel sure that I will have to start fossicking for some funky old chairs to brighten up. Yes I did succumb to temptation and buy a little fabric.

All Things Patchwork had also organised a quilt exhibition in the local school hall  as a fundraiser for the local Muriwai Surf Lifesaving club and school.  Called  Road to Colour, it was certainly that - a beautiful selection of quilts that were unashamedly full of colour and pattern.  My Flickr friend Rachel had her beautiful "Plus Quilt" on display too.  A fabulously inspiring day, and I came home to the news, that my sewing machine is now fixed and ready to be picked up on Monday.


2 comments:

  1. I too enjoyed the colourful display this weekend - which pic above is your quilt! Linda @ kokaquilts.gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Unfortunately none of those quilts shown were made by me. Maybe one day.

      Delete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.