Monday 3 February 2014

Weekending


 



Beautiful hot fine weather all weekend, and I spent a lot of it inside, in my sewing room.
  • I have finished all the blocks of my Jacob's Ladder quilt so had a little play around with some layout ideas.  The top design is the same as the quilt that inspired me, however I am quite liking the second option.  No doubt there will be more layouts trialled yet. There are still borders to go on, including a scrappy square one - lots more 2.5" squares to cut.
  • Some fabric stamps were made to go with the envelopes for the SWAK swap.
  • A birthday card for Mr J.

Both Miss B and Mr J went happily off to school today, I now have two weeks to catch up on some long neglected housework, gardening and a couple of sewing projects before I start my training for my library job.

What did you do this weekend?




4 comments:

  1. I like the second pattern best too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very productive weekend! Such gorgeous work! And best wishes with your upcoming projects! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh...both of those layouts looks great. Love your fabric stamps too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.