Monday 27 October 2014

Weekending








Labour Weekend at home with my family. Lot of reading, fine weather and time spent relaxing. Family movie night with pizza made by Miss B and Mr J.  The Scout scrubbed the house exterior.  I planted part of the vegetable garden, so far I have planted a Sweet 100 cherry tomato (our favourite) a self sown tomato seedling, which fingers crossed, is one of the black cherry tomatoes I grew last year, lettuce, beetroot,  a Lebanese cucumber and beans.  Still to go in (after I buy them) are capsicum, courgette, basil and some more African marigolds for deterring pests.
  • A leisurely Sunday breakfast - cinnamon roll brioche, fresh from the oven with a vanilla latte.
  • Happy mail from my friend Deb , recently returned from a trip to New York and Hawaii, with some new DS fabrics for me. The top ones are from her Sweet Ruby range which has just been released,
  • A little creative sewing - I love how this paper pieced word looks, though it was rather fiddly to do. A few of my favourite fabrics - now to decide what I turn it into. Create pattern from here.
  • A finish of sorts, that black and ivory paper piecing I showed last week, has turned into the Black Knight, I still have the Ivory Knight to make.  These will be used in a cushion for Miss B, my chess champ. Many thanks to the very talented Juliet of TartanKiwi, for designing this pattern for me.
Hoping you all had a fabulous weekend too.  Enjoy the week ahead.

9 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, I love brioche! But don't have a recipe - would love to know how you make yours. There was a local café that used to make a berry brioche - but when they sold the business they took the recipe with them! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend Julie. I only got some tomato plants in here before the rain hit today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. Love all the fabric, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those rolls look fantastic friend!!! Like I want to jump in the screen and gobble them up!!! And those fabrics are beautiful! Love that your daughter is a chess champ!! So wonderful to hear about your garden as well! Sounds like heaven to me! Happy week to you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm brioche! Love your makings and gosh that Juliet is clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to stop this! I will have to move next door so I can be your 'taster' of your yummy baking! Looks like a lovely relaxing weekend. Love Juliet's designs, love quilting for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderfully productive and enjoyable weekend- love you black knight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy...that breakfast looks good. Your weekend sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love those new DS fabrics... lucky you! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.