Friday 13 February 2015

An Arrow




The batting has been purchased for my Jacob's Ladder Quilt (love Spotlight's 40% off coupons), the backing has been pieced, and I can't be bothered putting it all together today.

However I still wanted to sew something.  I have been loving all the arrows and feathers people have been making from different mediums and posting to Flickr.   So today I purchased a pattern for a paper pieced arrow from Quiet Play and started playing with fabric scraps and colour combinations.
  • my cutting table in all it's messy glory - fabric scraps, containers and colour combinations everywhere
  • progress shot
  • one finished arrow - measuring 3" x 12"
I am going to make a couple more, then I think these may get turned into a mini quilt for my sewing room wall.

Have a fabulous weekend

8 comments:

  1. Funny how cutting up fabric and creating can be so much fun, but OH SO messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That arrow rocks!!! I love it friend! Wishing you a beautiful weekend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That arrow is so impressive, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!! I couldn't make it out at first, but when you see the whole thing it is so obvious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first photo of all those gorgeous fabrics on your cutting table, and that arrow is wonderful!! a mini quilt of them is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun photos. The arrow is a great idea.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the arrow - and it's good to see some of your fabric collection. How do you get 40% off coupons for Spotlight? I've been waiting to buy some batting for a while and they haven't had a sale on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've stored your fat quarters. I don't ever have enough at one time to store them like that but it sure looks pretty. Perhaps I shall save a 1 pound clear plastic container (strawberry container or something like that) and see if that might work in future.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.