Wednesday 12 April 2017

Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE





Welcome to our first Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE link up.

Work has been very busy lately, which though good for the bank account, does cut into the sewing time,  Any way here's a little run down of what I been stitching and sewing lately.
  • Remember those little paper pieced flower blocks I had made for my medallion quilt, but decided they were to light for it.  I didn't want to waste them, so I have turned them into a pouch for a flower loving friend.
  • I have been making more blocks for my medallion quilt - they are certainly bright, the next round will will use more of the black fabric I think, and hopefully balance it out a little. I have lots of ideas for it, just how to implement some of them is the challenge.
  • A work in progress shot of my Bird Dance project, I am officially over halfway now having completed 17 of them.
  • And on a non sewing related matter, we have a new family member.  Her name is still being debated, she is about a year old and into everything, needless to say, I have decided the sewing room is out of bounds to her.
Please link up what you have been stitching and sewing this so far this month, and visit some of the other bloggers who have linked too.  Linda and I have decided to share the commenting on linked blog posts, so as long as you aren't a no-reply blogger you will receive a comment from either one of us.

Thanks for joining us, we are both looking forward to seeing what everyone has been sewing.

19 comments:

  1. Your birdies sure are cute! You will need to keep your sweet little kittie away from them! She has such a sweet face. BTW I cannot get the link to work! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have lots of fun with your new link up. Your pieces are all lovely, I really like the selection of birds, so many different ones! Kitty yet to be named is adorable and will be a lovely addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the birds - they are getting very near the top of my to-do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't tell my hubby, but I think your new furry family member is lovely, he would love more cats! I am enjoying seeing your bird population grow. Great up cycling of the abandoned paper pieced blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birds are very lovely. Thanks for the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty birds and even prettier kitty. Can you please warap her up and send her to me? I’m in need of such a kitty ;-)
    The link-up doesn’t seem to work, or is it me? It says: This InLinkz widget is not allowed in this website. You can still view the linkup here.
    When I click on ‘here’, I get the same page and quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bird dance blocks are bright and fun! Looks like you've been doing well at balancing work and sewing. That's not an easy task most weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new kitty - she looks precious. Or, maybe that should be precocious if he is exploring and getting into everything! Your bird blocks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! Do you have a badge, I will add it to my website. Beautiful projects, the bird collection is amazing! Your little family member is so sweet, love the attentive pose :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pouch Julie, it looks like the blocks were made especially for it! I'll be interested to see how your medallion quilt progresses...and of course ilov how your birds are looking - well done on hitting the 'over-half-way' mark! Your new family member is beautiful and really looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea for your pouch, and don't let anything go to waste, right? I love your brights and black blocks - very striking! Your birds are bright and happy too - fun! Your new kitty is just darling! I can imagine she's a busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bird blocks and the kitty too! Found your link up through Mountain Quiltworks. If you have a badge, I'll add to my blog's linky parties

    ReplyDelete
  13. the link up isn't working for me

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so pleased you've shown us your bird collection! Not many more to go now, I love them. You have a cute new family member and beautiful as she is you've made a good decision to have the sewing room out of bounds, I haven't done this and spend quite a bit of supposed sewing time hauling a cat out of my drawers, away from my iron etc! So pleased for you and Linda with the success of the new linky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your bag, and what a great use for those flowers. I am sure your friend will just love them! Your new family member is so sweet - she is so alert and just looking for the next thing to get into. I can see why your sewing room might need to be off limits - so many tempting things to get into and explore in there. ~smile~

    ReplyDelete
  16. The birds are cool, and the new kitty so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great use of your extra blocks and your birds are looking soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found you via Leanne at Quilt me Kiwi. Love following NZ Bloggers, we have to stick together after all!,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your birds and cat :) This link-up sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.